- So you want to start contributing to the SBEP? This guide will help you along the process, from modelling to putting your idea in-game.
- Involves creating the detail mesh, scaling it properly, and applying smoothing where necessary.
- Collision Model
- Involves creating the phys model using convex objects, applying a unique smoothing group to each element, and making sure there are no open edges
- Involves the creation of a material library, application of materials to the model, and setting a UV modifier.
- Involves exporting files to a folder.
- Involves writing up a .QC file, compiling the files you created during the "Exporting" step, and placing the output files into the SBEP models directory in Gmod.
- In-game testing
- Involves spawning your model in-game, paying special attention to make sure that materials are applied as intended, and that the collision model is accurate and not truncated in any way.
Process In Depth
Step-by-step Tutorials for specific models
- Sub-Article model1
- Sub-Article model2
- Sub-Article model3
- Sub-Article model4